“The challenges of the sixth chakra are opening the mind, developing an impersonal mind, retrieving one’s power from artificial and “false truths”; learning to act on internal direction; and discriminating between thoughts motivated by strength and those by fear and illusion.”
‘Anatomy of the Soul,’ Dr. Caroline Myss
It’s easy to get caught up in day to day life. Everything seems so important at the time. Hills look like mountains and slowly every little thing starts to pile up until you can’t think straight anymore.
It’s not your fault. It’s natural. Today’s world is fast paced and full of distractions. Even the people you surround yourself with have influence on how you think and act.
Today I strive to show you that it doesn’t have to be that way. You have the power to take back your own mind from all of these external influences and detach yourself from what is seemingly holding you down.
What… is it/does it do?
Difference between BRAIN and MIND:
->Brain commands the BODY.
It turns Thought into action
->Mind commands the ENERGY BODY.
It turns Perception into creation
What is it?
- Central hub for information to flow through from our environment and perceptions. It’s where new thoughts and ideas form.
- The mind is the command center for energy to be created into matter. Be aware of your thoughts, where they are going, and what they are manifesting. Thought precedes Form.
What does it do?
- The mind processes all of this information, creates beliefs, and shapes the reality we live in. It can also determine how we react to each moment (think before you act).
- Powerful manifestation tool. What you think and believe is what you are presented with.
Who… is the master of the mind?
Ego V. Self
When we allow the ego to take control, we become consumed by expectations, assumptions, and judgements towards others and ourselves. When we allow our self to take control, we are more easily able to take a step back and allow things to happen instead working towards a desired outcome.
Ego: What we think we are/ ideas of who we should be.
Self: What we know we are in our heart.
Where… do most of our mind sufferings stem from?
Fear, control, expectation
- Fear stems from feelings of vulnerability. To become strong we must first allow ourselves to feel vulnerable. Dive into the dark places and release what it is that’s keeping you weighed down. Take that risk you KNOW you should do, that your heart ACHES for you to do, and trust the universe is supporting you and it’s all a part of the divine plan. We are all afraid of failure, of not living our best lives, of dying before we make a positive impact. All of this is keeping us from doing what it is we are meant to do.
- Control stems from having preconceived notions of what should be. It is a false sense of power to feel in control in a situation. The truth is, we do not have control. What happens is meant to happen. The tree will grow, the sun will eventually die out, the planets will turn. It is as it is. What we can do is live to our personal fullest potential in each moment. Live compassionately and with an understanding for the wildness of the unknown workings that truly shape this reality.
- Expectation same with trying to have control. You get an idea of what you want, but the universe will only ever give you what you need.
Why is it vital to calm the mind?
The mind is powerful. Our beliefs shape our reality. When we have a calm, open mind we are able to function better in our environment and work well with changes that are happening. Most relate a calm mind to a calm environment, thus having an aversion to change. This is not the case. A calm mind is one that can stand in the middle of all the chaos, trusting that what happens is meant to happen. It is a mind that allows all of this information to flow through without attachment to any one thing or one belief. It remains open, accepting, and free of pattern.
How… can I learn to work with it?
- Meditation, trust in universal plans and intuitive abilities, release attachment (to outcome and false and/or negative beliefs)
- To work with the mind one must release fears, desires, need to control, expectations, and judgements. Release all that you think you know to be true and accept that everything changes. Everything has a natural flow and we must flow with it.
- To release judgements, notice when they arise. See them in yourself. Know that what you are judging in others has stemmed from your Self. Release all judgements you have about yourself. Know you are a divine loving light being.
- Release Fears. Trust the universe has a plan for you and all that happens is meant to happen. Everything that comes into our life is a lesson sent to help bring us closer to the self. Take risks and know that you are protected.
- Release desire by not expecting a certain outcome. Release desire by cultivating integrity and hold dear only that which is fundamental to your growth. Get to the root of why you desire certain things.
- Release expectation by being fully present in the moment. When we shape our future based on our past or have an idea of what we want to happen, it limits the possibilities to what could happen. There is no “should.” All that happens will happen. You happened and are here now. We all happen to be here now doing this for the reasons we decided to be here now, so we may as well get the most out of it and be here now. If we are not fully present, it will be harder to detect the subtleties of divine happenings and signs given to us in our daily life.
Do not fear to look within. Do not rely on external counsel. This will only create more power for the ego to feed off of. What is true for YOU? Be open to what the universe has in store for you.
No one choice is better than another. All choices are the right choices. Do not get to hung up on the decisions you make. Simply, make these decisions in line with your purpose.
Refrain from living in the past or worrying about the future. You are not there. You are Here. Doing so will only muddy right Now. Do the best you can here and now to improve the quality of moments to come.
You are all capable of improving the lives of others and your own lives by improving the quality of person you become.
Seek ONLY the TRUTH. Discriminate between truth and illusions.
Detach from preconceived notions. See only the truth in situations (often the middle ground. look at both sides).
DETACHMENT DOES NOT MEAN CEASING TO CARE
Once you have stilled the fear-driven voices and reached an internal posture of detachment, then all external influences will have no authority over you.
Less attachment and narrow-mindedness leads to openness and clarity of mind.
Would you rather drive through fog or on a day with clear sunny skies?
“Consciousness is the ability to release the old and embrace the new with the awareness that all things end at the appropriate time and that all things begun at the appropriate time.”
Everything is subject to change. Release the expectations and accept that what happens happens, and what has happened is in the past.
We have influence, but not control.
Your life is a continuous journey. It doesn’t matter where you start, so long as you have started.
What is your relationship with your mind?
What false beliefs do you often find yourself thinking?
Is there anything that helps you quiet and organize it?
What can you do to improve your relationship with your mind?